The best heat pump brands available in Quebec
In Quebec, the outside temperature can go down to -12°C or even more in winter, while in summer it can reach over 30°C. The use of heating and cooling devices is therefore essential to maintain comfortable conditions inside your home during all seasons.
Currently, more and more households are turning to heat pumps because of its practicality, but especially because it is particularly economical. Are you also convinced that this is the type of appliance to use in your home? Find out which brands you should focus on to find what you need.
What is a heat pump and how does it work?
Generally speaking, a heat pump is an electrical device whose main function is to transport heat from one place to another in order to create a comfortable atmosphere inside your home, both in summer and winter. Its operation is relatively simple:
- In winter, it captures energy (heat) from the air or the ground outside and brings it back inside. The medium performance units offer an interesting performance down to about -7°C. Their efficiency then progressively decreases beyond this temperature, hence the need to use another heat source during periods of extreme cold.
- In summer, it evacuates heat to the outside to cool the indoor atmosphere.
We can see that the heat pump transfers heat, but does not produce it. This is why it consumes little electricity compared to other electrical devices such as furnaces. This makes it more economical. According to studies, it could save up to more than 30% on electricity bills, if it is of good quality.
What are the best heat pumps in Quebec?
Do you want to find an efficient, resistant and good quality heat pump in Quebec? Focus your search on the following brands.
- Gree Air Conditioning: this brand is ranked among the world leaders in the manufacture of air conditioning devices and offers a wide range of heat pumps to meet the needs of all households and institutions.
- Direct Air: This company offers bi-block heat pumps for commercial and light residential use.
- Ruud: this brand offers a wide range of heat pumps among which you will surely find the one that is suitable for your home, both in terms of performance and size.
- Maxi Vent Distribution is a heating, air-conditioning and ventilation dealer that offers heat pumps made by prestigious brands such as Napoleon, for which it is the exclusive distributor in Quebec. You will also find Maxi-Air products.
- Elios: this company offers several lines of heat pumps adapted to high temperatures, which can heat the interior of your home even at outdoor temperatures of -20 to -30°C, depending on the unit.
- Zephyr: This brand offers several models of heat pumps that are efficient, solid and durable.
What about the installation of your heat pump?
The installation of a heat pump is a delicate operation that is best left to a professional to ensure the durability and optimal efficiency of the unit as well as the safety of the building’s occupants. You need to find the ideal location for the device and set up the system, making sure that all the speakers are securely attached and that the pipes are connected properly.
At Confort Prestige, we install wall and central heat pumps in Quebec. To do this, we put at your service qualified and serious professionals who have all the knowledge necessary to carry out the installation in compliance with the standards to ensure the safety and proper functioning of the devices.
We also offer devices from the best brands available in Quebec to guarantee your satisfaction. Equipped with the latest technology in the field, they stand out for their performance, efficiency and the level of comfort they offer. They are also discreet, thanks to their sleek, elegant designs and quiet operation.
How to optimize the performance of your heat pump?
1. Choose an appliance adapted to the size of your house and the climate of your region
You will find several models of heat pumps on the market, which are distinguished mainly by their efficiency and size. Therefore, choose an appliance whose characteristics are adapted to the size of the space to be heated or cooled.
You should also take into account the climatic conditions of your region and favour ultra-efficient devices if you do not plan to use another source of heating during the coldest periods.
2. Ensure a good thermal insulation of your house
The thermal insulation of a house has a great influence on the performance of a heat pump, or any other heating appliance for that matter. Small openings or cracks in doors and windows, for example, lead to more or less significant energy losses in winter.
It will then take much more energy than normal to create a comfortable temperature inside, resulting in a significant drop in the heat pump’s efficiency. Fortunately, we can also take care of your building’s insulation. Here are our offers:
- Polyurethane insulation
- Blown cellulose insulation
- Installation of solid, resistant, efficient and insulating doors and windows.
Are you looking for efficient and effective heat pumps in Quebec? We strongly recommend that you focus your search on devices designed by the brands Ruud, Direct Air, Maxi Air, Gree or Elios, which we also offer in our product catalog.
Our professionals then install the devices in compliance with the standards to ensure their proper functioning and your safety. We invite you to visit our website or contact us directly by phone for more information on our services.